You will be registered for both a Tuesday (drop-off) and Thursday (pick-up) 15-minute appointment at the same time. AARP volunteers will complete your taxes offsite.
Registrants should bring to their appointment:
* Photo IDs for each person on the tax return (these will be verified at drop-off and returned to registrants)
* Social Security cards for each person on the tax return ((these will be verified at drop-off and returned to registrants)
* Checkbook for direct deposit of refunds
* Last year's tax return
* All necessary tax documents (W2 1099 SSA etc.)
* If you are filing a joint tax return, both taxpayers need to be present to sign documents
Registrants will need to practice these COVID safety procedures:
* Properly worn masks (covering both the mouth and nose) are required at all times while in the library. Masks are required even if you have had the COVID vaccine or have recovered from COVID.
* All attendees should maintain a 6-ft distance between you and the AARP volunteer as well as other attendees in the room.
* If AARP volunteers are finishing up with the previous appointment, please wait outside the Aspen meeting room until it is your turn to go in for your appointment time. There will be 6-ft markers on the ground indicating waiting placement
* Please stay home if you are experiencing COVID symptoms, awaiting the results of a COVID test or have been exposed to someone with COVID. Please contact us to cancel your appointment and we will try to reschedule you for a different date/time